Weighty Matters

Weighty Matters
Now Available!

Linda's Cozy Mysteries

Growing Up Haunted, Hour-Long Special Radio Show

Sunday, September 27, 2009

What is your need? God Shall Supply It! --by Kate Young

Reading through John 7 and 8 after listening to today’s message at church, I began to ponder the need for people had to see miracles to believe in Jesus as the Messiah. I began to think well, it was a different time then. They were looking for signs for the one they had been told about who would come. But, no, some were just told second-hand stories and they believed. Just as some of us get today. Some of us ask for our own miracles to believe still today. I have people in my life who did such a thing. Then I began to think back, hmmm, and I cannot remember the moment I first believed. I am sure there was that point in my life, but I must have been younger than my memory goes back for me. It’s like it was always there. We all have different needs in our life and comparing them to others is fruitless, just as comparing where we are in our spiritual walk is dangerous ground as well because then were are apt to start judging, which God says is not our place. I’m just glad that God supplies all our needs, whether it is a miracle we need or not.

Philippians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your need, according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

Linda Kozar said...

Kate, that was so compelling to read. Thank you for being so transparent, for sharing from your heart,

Jillya said...

I think that's so true, Kate. I remember several years ago, I was jealous because a friend seemed to have amazing answers to prayer on a regular basis. I couldn't understand why I didn't experience the same thing. I wondered if she was more important to God than I was. As time went by, I realized that I had some things in my life that she didn't have. Maybe she experienced His presence more, because she was more dependent on Him. Thanks for sharing your experience.